VMware Horizon Community
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Active Directory changes not reflected in App Volumes

I've run across some strange things with App Volumes now that we have been using it for a while.

1. If an AD group, currently used by App Volumes, is renamed you have to assign appstacks to the new name and remove them from the old name.  and the old name never goes away.

2. If you move an AD group, currently used by App Volumes, to a new OU App Volumes doesn't reflect the move.  The group in App Volumes changes to 0 members.  You Must change the name of the group to a unique name that was never used in App Volumes before then re-assign appstacks to that group.

Those are the two biggest issues I've seen between AD and App Volumes.  I'm not sure if the same issue exists with users and desktops but for groups I've had this happen a few times.

Is anyone else seeing this or has this happened to anyone?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes I have seen this happening and yes, this is a known issue.

I have changed the DN in the database for a group once but have been adviced not to do this Smiley Happy. If you try this it's one of those "don't try this at home kids" thing and make sure to backup your DB if you do want to try it.

We had this issue with users that are being moved from 1 OU to another. A script has been released to work around this issue. My guess is that there will also be a script for Groups in AD to change their DN (cause that's what happens, this isn't updated in the DB). I would suggest creating an SR and asking for this script. Issue would be fixed in a new release. No idea when this will be here and what version it will be. I guess there will be a 2.10.1 or 2.11 before we see 3.0 looking at the issues there are with 2.10.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

AFAIK, renaming a VM will not be reflected in the database. This is a known issue mentioned in the release notes.

VMware App Volumes 2.10 Release Notes

0 Kudos