Has anyone successfully captured Acrobat with AV 4? I am specifically using the Acrobat 2017 Classic track in this case. I finished migrating all of my other applications from the 2.x format to 4 and Acrobat is the only one that I'm having problems with - it won't stay licensed no matter what I do.
The only thing that I've changed is the version of the AV agent installed. It works with the 2.18 agent no problem. It's the same process that I've been using for years of installing, serializing the license using Adobe's provisioning toolkit, etc.. I've even followed their own guide step-by-step and still get the same license error when starting the app on the clones. I'm hoping that maybe someone here has also run into it and has found a solution!
I correctly having the same issue. I was hoping app volumes 4.1 was resolved this, I am noticing some weird behavior with the .lic file with my testing. I have put a ticket with GSS, and I will let you know If I hear anything.
We have exactly the same issue. The problem is occuring with AppVolume since version 4 with Volume-Licensing (not User-Licensing).
Yeah we are doing the serialized deployment and not named user. GSS still working with me. Apparently I am the first person to put a ticket in about the issue.
Hey guys I have been working with support and I have been able to get Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 and 2020 to stay licensed during the end users session.
Here is the two methods that worked for me.
1. Using the App Volumes Migration Fling migrate the working 2.X Appstack to 4.X package. Support suggested this and it worked. This did not require DEM logon task to work. App Volumes Migration Utility | VMware Flings
2. DEM Logon-Task which adds the license after logging in.
Command line: adobe_prtk.exe --tool=VolumeSerialize --stream
DEM privileged elevation for Adobe_PRTK.exe Tool
Captured Adobe Acrobat completely without license.
I tested both methods and seems to be working. Let me know if this works for you.
Just wanted to update anyone still following this thread. App Volume support team is still investigating the issue. I will update this thread once I have more information. This ticket is based Abode Acrobat DC Pro/Standard Volume Licensing. (Not named user licensing)
I appreciate you keeping up on this one! I had thought about trying method two but really assumed that they would have fixed it by now. Method one is surprising because I used the migration fling initially to migrate our working 2.x Acrobat stack to 4.x and that's where I ran into the licensing problem.
I've been using the 184.108.40.206 agent since then without a problem. Funny enough, I upgraded the manager to 2009 (4.2) this weekend and installed the 2.18.6 agent and ran into the same licensing problem. As soon as I installed the 220.127.116.11 agent on the base it all worked again. That's why the first workaround that they gave you working is surprising to me. For me it's based on the agent version on the base image and not what it was captured with.
I am using Adobe 2020 Classic and I used the PRTK tool to serialize it and suppress registration, etc... The only way I was able to get it to work with App Volumes 4 was to install it on the master image and create a custom Snapvol.cfg file to exclude it. You can check out my post over at Adobe forums HERE if you're interested. It details what you need to do in order to create and modify that file so you don't run in to licensing issues or sign in pop-ups.
@CoreyN No problem! still working with support. I convinced my boss move over to user based licensing and I am not longer having the issue. However, I am still working with support and running test for them.
@Drizzt-DoUrden Interesting. Support and I modify the snapvol cfg with no luck. However, we tested that with appvol agent 4.0 and 4.1. I am going to share your link with support. Thank you for sharing.