VMware Horizon Community
KEEPFLYINGHIGH
Contributor
Contributor

Accessing the various virtualised services on a Host. (new to vmware;)

Hi there, 

I am new to VMware. Sorry in advance if some of this questions might seem obvious... and if the location of post might be the wrong one.

Setting up a new network reusing some of the equipment we are using.

There is VMware host running VMWare ESXi 6.5.0 # kernel rb 4887370.

Now I have been able to reconnect it to the network (can ping to it and from it using the test option).

My question is how do you enter/login in to the different VMservices that are installed in it to edit their specific settings?

Also is there an important update you recommend to do on this version and if so how to do it?

Thank you for any suggestion and advice, look forward learning more of VMware!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jc296
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't see the png file but I assume you have been able to log into your host using via html using a browser? If not just enter the mngt IP of the host and log in as root using the credentials that you set up on installation. Once logged in you will be able to amend settings. Or alternative Putty into the host and configure using shell commands (esxcli - and there are loads).

Dows that help?

KEEPFLYINGHIGH
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

Yes used the IP (web) access and then reached the different VM via teamviewer directly.

For the version, here is VMware host running VMWare ESXi 6.5.0 # kernel rb 4887370, do you recommend to update to latest?

Also I realise under VMware for the Vlan there is no option to select "default". Does the default correspond to "1" or "0"?

Thanks for any feedback 😉

0 Kudos
jc296
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In configure Mngt Network option you can set any VLAN from 0-4095. I believe it will assume 0 if you don't set it