VMware Horizon Community
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AV-4.1 Not receiving Packaging popup on capture computer

When attempting to package an application, I can create the package, browse to the capture computer and initiate the app capture.  I even see the CVApps partition loaded, but i never see the "Please install the application" pop up box on the capture computer.

No other volumes are attached.

10 Replies
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just saw this message when logging into the capture machine .

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are you logging in with a domain user that has a writeable volumes? If so I suggest using local accounts on provisioning machines to prevent issues like this.

VirtualSpence
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Agreed. It's important that there are no UWVs or other AppStacks/Packages assigned to the user/computer during packaging. Also, make sure you have a snapshot of your packaging machine before ANY volumes have been attached, and revert to snapshot between packaging sessions.

Josh Spencer Staff Architect – Technical Marketing End User Computing, VMware, Inc.
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The error message i posed was with me logging in as a local admin. So there may be some Computer based entitlement that initiating a writable to be attached.  I'm going to go back and check again.

0 Kudos
JPSaunders85
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this same issue. I've completely recreated a new packaging machine, with a new name. I've always used a local administrator account to install the application. It was working, but now it's not that I'm trying to use a new packaging machine, made from a base image clone. I can see the VMDK attached in diskmgmt.msc, but like the original poster, there is no popup. There's no "Complete Package" button. I don't know what else to try... 

0 Kudos
JPSaunders85
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I've deleted the template I was using and recreated the template using the new packaging machine, still no popup. Tried removing all applications and packages and recreating, still no popup. Tried removing values under "HKEY\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" and rebooting, still no popup. The drive still attaches when packaging, but there is no popup, so no way to save the application package after install.

0 Kudos
trisher01
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue over here.  The app volumes manager sees the packing machines but when I try and send a package to it, nothing happens.  This was working correctly until I changed the service account password because no one seemed to know what it was.  I updated the password in the AD Domains tab and the Managers tab but still no pop-up.  All that being said, even when the pop-up was working right (prior to the password reset), we were still unable to install apps during the provisioning process because of the same permission errors you are seeing.  Any help on this is appreciated.  

UPDATE: Fixed my own pop-up issue by restarting the app volume services on the server.  Still cannot install packages on the packaging computer.  I get the pop-up to install, open the msi, it proceeds to the wizard, and it ends up stopping with an error.  Have tried very simple applications like notepad++ and 7-zip.  

0 Kudos
JPSaunders85
Contributor
Contributor

I have not yet tried restarting the services on the server. I'll try that tomorrow. I also found this error looking through the svservice log:

Error from Manager “x.x.x.x” (error code 403):
Invalid App Volumes Agent

I re-entered all the information for the service account into the AD Domain tab as well. At first it wouldn't connect to the domain, but after changing the password to the same password in AD, and then re-entering all the information, it was able to save the credentials and connect. Tried reinstalling App Volumes agent after that and recreating package, still no popup.

0 Kudos
RoderikdeBlock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have no idea if you are running into the same issue but I had the same kind of problem with AppVolumes 4 2006 a while ago. The cause for me was that appcapture.exe was not present on the template.vmdk see:

Not able to create a package after upgrading to App Volumes 4 2006 - Roderik de Block

Roderik de Block

Blog: https://roderikdeblock.com
0 Kudos
trisher01
Contributor
Contributor

I believe this blog put me on the right track.  I mounted the template to the packaging machine, gave it a drive letter, and attempted to copy over the appcapture.exe file.  However, I received a permissions error when doing so.  The user I'm logged in as is in the local admin group on the packaging machine and has administrator rights to the data store where the template.vmdk is located.  What am I missing here?  Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos