VMware Horizon Community
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

AV 3.0 Feedback

I decided to redeploy AV3 from scratch after finding all the tricks to get the AV3 configure and settings.

I was able to complete the install and configuration successfully all the way to enabling the File Share and Sync.  I went into the AVMgr to view that my Notepad++ AppStack did en-fact get placed in the datastore and enabled in the AppStack tab, showed successful.

But I noticed in the System Message tab, the templates had problems.

AV3-I001.png

I check the two datastore locations and found the following.

AV3-I002.pngAV3-I003.png

Where can I get the app_template to import into this directory?

Mike_A
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You actually don't need the template in this directory anymore. It is now part of the AppCapture tool that is not independent of the AV Manager. Unclear why you have an error though..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

From what I know ... We shouldn't Login in the https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3443 with version 3.0 ... It's there but everything is manage from the https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/horizonadmin UI ...

Maybe i'm wrong, but everything that I read in forums avoid this practice.

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can login to view, but not to change any settings or configurations from that portal.

Like I should above, I'm using to see the System Messages to help solve problems that aren't showing up elsewhere or in the actual logs (that ready developer speak some times).

Mike_A
0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Right. The FAILED you got was registered before your VCenter configuration was good. So the system tried to create the .vmdk inside the cloudvolume with error ... however you have probably revisited your VCenter configuration in the location section and then the sync was completed successfully. The system manager get traces ... I got the same thing.

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I had everything configured and working (green) before creating the file share location and sync. So I think this process is happening before the File share process is ran to create the datastore cloudvolumes folder structure.

Mike_A
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You actually don't need the template in this directory anymore. It is now part of the AppCapture tool that is not independent of the AV Manager. Unclear why you have an error though..

0 Kudos