VMware Horizon Community
RyanE201110141
Contributor
Contributor

AV 2.9 and Chrome application

Hello All,  I'm trying to get Chrome virutalized with an instance of AppVolumes 2.9.  Everything goes fine but when I run the browser in our environment, it just doesn't connect.  Other browsers work fine, but this one just gives a "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" error.  I can ping out, there's no security software and the firewall is turned off, etc.  My networking man has assured me that nothing's blocking the connection.  To make the situation worse, internal sites don't even work, so I know it's an issue with the virutalized app. Has anyone else run across the issue with Chrome not being nice to virutalize?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dloyd1747
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ryan, I have the same problem but with Firefox!

0 Kudos
RyanE201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Ironically, my Firefox implementation works fine.....

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ryan,

I wanted to check with you if you use any IE Proxy Settings.

Regards

Gaurav Baghla

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
rlitch1978
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with Chrome and Firefox.  Did you ever find a resolution?

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Any resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Gaurav,

Can you provide some insight as to how using proxy settings for Firefox might affect the function of the app when delivered via App Stack?  I have a customer who is just getting started with App Volumes, uses a proxy, and would like clarity in advance in case issues come up.

Thanks!

0 Kudos