VMware Horizon Community
ZellOr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[AV 2.14.X] (File) Explorer is crashing

Hello everybody,

can someone reproduce that the (File) Explorer crashes when accessing .dll/.exe/.ico files if their name is exactly two characters long?

If CATIA V5 from Dassault Systemes is installed in an AppStack, I can't open "Programs and Features" because the registry value "DisplayIcon" of CATIA refers to the file "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B26\win_b64\resources\graphic\icons\DS.ico".

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dassault Systemes B26_0]

"DisplayIcon"="C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B26\win_b64\resources\graphic\icons\DS.ico"

If FormingSuite 2018 from FTI is installed in an AppStack, the Explorer crashes because the installer creates a shortcut on the desktop that refers to the file "C:\FTI\FormingSuite\FS.exe".

10 Replies
maharajan_be
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We do see this issue.. File explorer is crashing when appstack  (app volume 2.14) is attached. Any fix or work around is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
ZellOr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

maharajan.be My workaround using Catia as an example:

• Run Command Prompt as an Administrator
  • REN "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B26\win_b64\resources\graphic\icons\DS.ico" "DS_.ico"
  • MKLINK "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B26\win_b64\resources\graphic\icons\DS.ico" "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B26\win_b64\resources\graphic\icons\DS_.ico"
0 Kudos
maharajan_be
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Resolved our issue after enabling "Launch folder windows in a separate process"

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. Click File -> Change folder and search options:
  3. The Folder Options window will open, switch there to the View tab.
  4. Scroll down the options list until you will find the item called Launch folder windows in a separate process. Tick the checkbox
0 Kudos
ZellOr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The error seems to be caused by the Horizon Agent scanner redirection/FabulaTech Isolation driver. The Problem is gone if you add "*\explorer.exe" to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ftsjail\ExcludeProcesses".

hermanc01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How were you able to update that registry key?

I've tried "explorer.exe" and "*\explorer.exe" at the beginning and at the end but no matter what it gets removed when I reboot the system.

0 Kudos
ZellOr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello hermanc01,

I just added the value at the end of the list. That's all I can tell you.

0 Kudos
bcross64
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me. Another answer is to not install scanner redirection or serial port redirection. Installing either of these will install the isolation driver. There is a property when installing named FT_INSTALL_JAIL that I tried to set, but it was overridden.

0 Kudos
BJBW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  I think this would not happen if the redirection was done using software, not hardware. I used the usb over ethernet program for webcams and I did not have a similar problem. Most of all, it was a direct action.

0 Kudos
ZellOr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello everybody,

this problem should be fixed with next upcoming minor release of Horizon.

0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I have fixed my problem by clearing file explorer history.

0 Kudos