VMware Horizon Community
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

AV 2.10 Provisioning Issue with Non-Attachable Storage

I have two sites that I'm trying to use the AV 2.10 multi-site deployment. I have followed Dale's VMware App Volumes Storage Group Improvements with 2.10 guide and found the following issue.

When I try to provision from the non-attachable storage, I receive the following error.

2016-06-08 10_00_24-VDI IT Jump Box.png

2016-06-08 10_02_23-VDI IT Jump Box.png

When I change the storage 'attachable' from 'No' to 'Yes', the provisioning task is successful.

2016-06-08 10_01_30-VDI IT Jump Box.png

We are using an f5 LTM for load balancing and the 'AppVolumes2NAS' datastore is mounted to all hosts in sites. This should not be causing the issue, but I want you to know the layout of our environment.

Here is the screenshots of our environment configurations.

2016-06-08 10_43_59-VDI IT Jump Box.png

2016-06-08 10_03_27-VDI IT Jump Box.png

Looking to find out why we can't provision from non-attachable storage?

Mike_A
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

This is by design, because if you want to provision, the appstack gets mounted (read attached). Since you marked the storage as non-attachable, it's expected you get this error.

This was also explained in the first comment under the blog you are referring to:

Copy-paste:

Hello,

I’ve just done this, and it worked nicely – I think you’ve missed an important step though.

Updating existing AppStacks will not work in this state as the Reference machine will attempt to mount it on the non-attachable storage for writing. For this to work, I had to mark it as attachable again, make my changes, make it non-attachable again, then press the Replicate Button to push it out to all of the other storage group members. Is this the right approach?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

This is by design, because if you want to provision, the appstack gets mounted (read attached). Since you marked the storage as non-attachable, it's expected you get this error.

This was also explained in the first comment under the blog you are referring to:

Copy-paste:

Hello,

I’ve just done this, and it worked nicely – I think you’ve missed an important step though.

Updating existing AppStacks will not work in this state as the Reference machine will attempt to mount it on the non-attachable storage for writing. For this to work, I had to mark it as attachable again, make my changes, make it non-attachable again, then press the Replicate Button to push it out to all of the other storage group members. Is this the right approach?

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry about that, I have been following the links and missed reading the comments on that page.

Thank so much for the quick response and showing me the response I was looking for.

Mike_A
0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

sure, no problem. Glad I could help.

0 Kudos