VMware Horizon Community
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ALL vm show power off

HI all.

I am very new to appvol, so I don't know what the problem might be.

I have created an application and I was trying to push the package section but all VM shows as turn off when I know at least the capture VM is turned on, also when at the capture VM I see the "visualization is disable"

Any help 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Micheal_A
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

• Where does the VMs show Powered Off?
    • I'm assuming in AVM UI and when you are selecting a computer for capturing.
  • Did you create a capture VM and only install the AVM agent?
    • Then create a base snapshot of the VM for reverts after packaging applications?

If you can give us a little more detail and maybe some screenshots to your issues, we can help you solve this a little faster.

VMware EUC by Broadcom
https://techzone.vmware.com/
0 Kudos
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MA

Thanks for jumping on this

1) The VM shows off at the AVM GUI as you stated under package and when you select the computer

2) Yes the VM is for capture only and has a snapshot that allows me to revert to a clean installation, It as appvol agent,horizon agent and vmtools

here is the capture VM installs

fborges555_0-1652446171080.png

here is the gui

fborges555_1-1652446393120.png

and this shows on the capture VM

fborges555_2-1652447227216.png

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Micheal_A
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your problem is the agent is not connecting to the AVM server.

Focus on the that.

FYI, Only install VM Tools and AVM agent. No Horizon agent.

You show access the capturing VM from vCenter, since you managing the VM form vCenter.

VMware EUC by Broadcom
https://techzone.vmware.com/
0 Kudos
adesolaadeniyi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I do not have Horizon Agent installed on the desktop but it is still showing as power off in AVM. The version of app vol agent I have on the packaging desktop is 4.5.1

0 Kudos