VMware Horizon Community
liorshe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

A Problem with Add all DC'S to APPVOL manager

Hi,

I have 4 DC's In my Network.

I want to add all the DC's to the APPVOL manager 2.12.0.70 , i left blank the tab of - "

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chip_munk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is a problem in 2.12 regarding changing dc. look for table ldap_domains and set host column as null and then try changing the host value from UI it should work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
klawda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You have to list them and use commas to separate them. Otherwise it will automatically pick the nearest domain controller. Here is the exact wording from the user guide:

Domain Controller Hosts (Optional) 

IP address (10.98.87.67) or FQDN (dc01.corp.example.com). You can also provide the virtual IP address of a load balancer that is used as the front-end server of the domain controller. This option provides High Availability (HA) capability for connections to Active Directory.

You can add multiple domain controller hosts; use commas to separate the names of the hosts.

Important

If you do not add a domain controller host, the system will detect the hosts that are available and connect to the nearest domain controller.

Hope this helps,

KL

0 Kudos
liorshe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi klawda ,

Unfortunately its not work....

I'm also trying to change from - DC03 to only one DC - DC01 and is not save... is Returns to DC03.

Any idea why??

Thanks

0 Kudos
klawda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does an error pop up? Try using the IP address of DC01 instead of the name

0 Kudos
liorshe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No error pop up.

i get pop up - "Active Directory successfully updated." 

I have tried using ip address and its not working... its Returns to DC03.

0 Kudos
chip_munk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is a problem in 2.12 regarding changing dc. look for table ldap_domains and set host column as null and then try changing the host value from UI it should work.

liorshe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Chip_munk

It works!! 

Thank you

0 Kudos