VMware Horizon Community
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

401 Error on New AppStack 2.14 Agent Install

Hi all,

Have any of you run into this error before after installing and rebooting a new agent:

Error from Manager X.X.X.X (error code 401):

Unable to authenticate computer or user account with App Volumes Manager. Please try to log out and back in. If the problem persists, contact your System Administrator.

Virtualization is disabled.

During the install I disabled the certificate check, and from the agent machine I'm able to log onto the manager admin page through Firefox with no issue. Checking the svservice logs did not yield any additional information.

The KBs I've seen around 401 issues are for legacy versions of this product, and talk about disabling NTLM. I tried going through those steps and it did not resolve the issue either.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ended up removing the Domain Controller Hosts section my AD Domain setup in the App Volumes manager. Saw in the manager log that it kept breaking NTLM auth due to certificate naming mismatch. This ended up fixing my issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ended up removing the Domain Controller Hosts section my AD Domain setup in the App Volumes manager. Saw in the manager log that it kept breaking NTLM auth due to certificate naming mismatch. This ended up fixing my issue.