VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

4.2 SNAPVOL new locations question .

Hi ,

so as per usual im not CRAZY impressed with vmware's attempt with Documentation 😛 .

So.. it sounds like I have to not attach aht Template VMDK and edit the snapvol.cfg any more ? ( which is COOL.. ty vmware ) .

IT appears ALL snapvol.cfg files are now on the Gold Image ?

C:\Program files x86\CloudVolumes\Agent\Config

So sounds like DONT edit the DEfaut ones .

Add a CUSTOM folder under Config ?

It appears you just place a SNAPVOL.cfg file there ?.. no UIA directory structure like DEFAULT folder has ? 

Thats what we saw a Vmware tech do on a ticket.. thus im presuming its correct . ( the placing of a snapvol.cfg in custom ) 

Question :

Do i need to care abut Write-ables ?.. App templates ?. etc..etc. anymore ?

IS there just ONE snapvol.cfg now ?

So if a user has a writable or not.. i just edit the one on the Gold image ??  and all is well ?

thanks much !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes and no. Yes, the snapvol.cfg is not indeed added into the GI which is very nice because you can edit it once for all users.

You should first create a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\Config\Custom (the custom at the end is important).

Within this folder you can then create a new folder (just check the default directory for naming convention) like app for appstacks or uia for writable uia only and add a snapvol.cfg in that folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes and no. Yes, the snapvol.cfg is not indeed added into the GI which is very nice because you can edit it once for all users.

You should first create a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\Config\Custom (the custom at the end is important).

Within this folder you can then create a new folder (just check the default directory for naming convention) like app for appstacks or uia for writable uia only and add a snapvol.cfg in that folder.

Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@Ray_handels  thanks RAY .. i hope Vmware PAYES you .. haha.. thanks for Always helping out on these Forums .. I appreciate it !

0 Kudos