VMware Horizon Community
MB04
Contributor
Contributor

2502 and 2503 Error when upgrading Tools

Thanks for reading this.

I am trying to update to the latest tools on all my VMs. Most VMs allow the update with no problem. However some of the VMs are giving me Error 2503 and 2502. This also occurs when i try to uninstall tools. I have made sure I have rights/admin privileges' on the folders and read extensively about this issue. I have put it in the C:\Windows\temp, C:\temp, C:\update, desktop folders. I have tried to remove tools via registry deletions without success. I have downloaded a new copy of tools and tried to reinstall the current installed version on top of the current version. I have 12.1.0 installed and am trying to put 12.1.5 on the computers. I have loaded the ISO file on the computer as well as pulled the setup file out and tried that. 

I don't think it has anything to do with permissions but may be a registry setting that is hung up. It doesn't make sense that most VMs will take the update but the 10 or so I have remaining will not. The computers all have the same image and should be receiving the image the same across the board. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Do you think if VMWare App Volumes has any role in this issue?

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
MB04
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I do not think so. If so, I would expect there to be some pattern. As it is, the issue is very random. 

0 Kudos