Fusion 12 enabled DX11, which need more shared memory. Could you increase your shared memory and try.
Settings->Display->Shared graphics memory to 8192 MB （Recommend）
I changed the Shared graphics to 8192 up from 1024.
I changed the memory to 8192 from 4096.
I changed the CPU from 2 cores to 3 cores.
The above made no differences. Still looks the same as in the video.
Could you share your vmware.log/mksSandbox.log, we will find expert to see what's the problem.
What app are you using?
Do other apps perform poorly as well, or just specific apps?
The apps are Crestron Simpl and Crestron VTPro from www.crestron.com
I've been using these with Fusion since version 8 and Parallels before that.
I haven't had to chance to look at other apps in depth but these may be the most affected by the update.
Thanks for your help. you can find these log files under your vm directory. you can find them by one of the following methods:
1. on the vm libray select the vm and right click your mouse-> Show in Finder. and ->Show the package Contents by right click the file show in finder.
2. in terminal client, you can find the vm directory and the file is under your the directory.
Just attach the vmware.log and mksSandbox.log
Thanks for your report.
Creston doesn't seem to allow unregistered (non-costumer) users to download their software. As we can't repro this ourselves, we'll need you to do a few experiments for us.
One possibility (IMHO the most likely) is that this application requires D3D11 support, and now that Fusion 12 exposes D3D11 support, it's hitting a long standing but previously unknown bottleneck. To confirm this possibility, power off you VM, manually edit the .vmx file, and add
then power it back on, rerun the application, and see how it performs. Please power off and remove the setting afterwards, as D3D11 won't work without it, and you might need it.
If this doesn't work, then the only explanation is that there's indeed a performance regression we didn't realize. There are a few things we could try then. But first let us know how you get on with the above experiment.
I see. Thanks
The next experiment would be to determine whether the regression was introduced in VMware Tools or Fusion itself.
Could you please try to:
- Take a VM snapshot
- On VM settings, disable automatic tools upgrade
- Inside Windows, to go Settings, Add or remove programs, and uninstall VMware Tools
- See if it helps
- Revert to VM snapshot
If it makes a difference, then the issue is likely on Tools. If not, it's on Fusion itself.
Ok figured out how to disable the automatic tool update.
Changed: tools.upgrade.policy = "upgradeAtPowerCycle" to tools.upgrade.policy = "manual"
Installed and verified tools were at version 11.0.6.
First test was:
2 CPU, 4gb memory and 8192 for the graphics with Accelerate 3d enabled.
Second test was:
4 CPU, 12gb memory and 8192 for the graphics with Accelerate 3d enabled.
Still no change with either the Tools or VM settings.