Welcome to Skyline Communities,
Please find the answers under each question
Is it possible to configure Skyline advisor to set emails out on a schedule? ie - Send me a weekly schedule of all critical + moderate severity findings in my environment to x email addresses?
- Skyline Advisor would send automatic emails to all the users who has access to Skyline Advisor service under the Organization, it would only send email when there are new Critical findings
The only config option I see is a simple toggle switch 'Email New Critical Findings', which is great - I'd want this to continue, but I see some value in having regular reports, almost to nag our engineers into resolving or acknowledging existing findings / recommendations.
- If you are a Premier Service customer, you would receive the emails for Operational Summary Report once in 15 days which can be utilized for review
Likewise, are there any plans to offer an API to query Skyline via internal automation? Feel there could be come value in exposing / feeding Skyline data to internal monitoring tools.
- As on today API to query Skyline via any internal automation tools are not available and is not planned, I would have this shared with our Product Manager as a Feature request
- You could utilize vROps to receive Critical findings from Skyline and intern use vROps to send weekly communication emails or APIs, but you could validate on how to receive or configure from weekly reports from the vROps team
- Configuring VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline
Excellent, thank you.