Hmm, I noticed this fairly recently and it only happens on 7zip, WinRAR, VirtualBox and sometimes, VMWare... for example, with 7zip open, I try to go to a directory with and ISO file or CDimage, it will hang, the same thing happens on the other apps I mentioned.
I actually installed VMware and Alcohol120% almost at the same time when I noticed this happening so it might be related but who know.
Aside from that, none really. I have other screenshots in case it helps (changed Processor settings on VMWare)....
Using version 10 of VMware gives me the following issue on Win 10 1909:
Upon dragging a file from the Win 10 desktop to the Win 98 desktop within the VM, the whole Win 10 machine locks up.
(I once managed to drag'n'drop a file successfully to the VM, however it locked up upon the second file.)
Anybody else facing this issue?
Haven't really tried that. Try VMWare9 which I see was the last official version to support Win98.
Ok, so here's a complete update of how to Install Windows 98 SE with a Ryzen CPU in VMware 12:
1. use VMware 12.5.9 for Win10 hosts (version 15.x won't let you specify the "Virtualization engine" any more)
2. set "Virtualization engine" manually to "Intel VT-x or AMD-V"
3. run Windows 98 installation until it crashes
4. reboot into safe mode
5. disable 32-bit mode for drives and reboot
6. let windows 98 finish its installation process to the end
7. reboot to MS-DOS and replace file "ESDI_506.PDR" (i.e. 48-bit LBA fix) in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS
8. enable 32-bit mode for drives again