I got the same problem!
Downgrading to 5.3 works.
we just updated on windows and sure enough cant access desktop pools anymore that are blast protocol
Change it to PCOIP and all is working.
uninstalled and reverted back to 5.3 happy days.
What version of horizon are you trying to connect to?
I've upgraded my own laptop (Surface, Win10) from 5.3 to 5.4 yesterday and have no issues connecting BLAST or PCoIP.
Our setup: Horizon 7.9, connection through UAG3.6, wildcard certificate
(One thing I noticed, but still need to confirm by returning to 5.3 is that mouse scrolling is only working while the mouse is moving...)
Connecting to multiple versions
7.7 ,7.10 to 7.11
Just get error
Error The connection to the remote computer ended
Change to PCOIP works fine downgrade to 5.3 both protocols work as normal.
nothing has changed other than the version of horizon client.
yeah based on everything I see make sure if your seeing this to open a SR so VMware knows if you haven't, I currently haven't seen this yet.
Just to note that with Windows client 5.4 works just fine issue is related with Android horizon client 5.4 and MAC OS horizon client 5.4
3 people found this helpful
We believe that we have narrowed this problem down to some older versions of UAG (3.2 and 3.3.1) and the Windows, Mac, Android and iOS clients. We're working on a fix. In the meantime, reverting to 5.3 works (except for iOS which won't allow it). Apologies to those hitting this problem!
Thank you. For what it's worth, our UAGs are on version 3.4.
In my case UAG is v3.5
We are running on UAG 3.6 and have no reported (or tested) issues so far.
Yes, UAG 3.6 or later didn't encounter the issue.
2 people found this helpful
I have an update:
- This is all caused by an incompatibility between the new clients and older UAG, we do not have the problem with UAG 3.8 or 3.9.
- The 5.4.1 update is available in the Google Play store!
- The Windows clients 5.3 and 5.4 only have this problem if you install them in dual IPv4/IPv6 mode which is not the default install option.
- The Mac client 5.4 also has this problem.
- We will are working to post updates to the Windows and Mac client next week. Until then you can revert to the 5.3 Horizon Client, upgrade your UAG or reinstall your Windows client with IPv4 only.
The Android client also runs on a Chromebook in ARC++ mode.