Service that are running and stopped
lwsmd pschealth vmafdd vmcad vmdird vmdnsd vmonapi vmware-analytics vmware-certificatemanagement vmware-cis-license vmware-cm vmware-content-library vmware-eam vmware-perfcharts vmware-pod vmware-postgres-archiver vmware-rhttpproxy vmware-sca vmware-sps vmware-sts-idmd vmware-stsd vmware-topologysvc vmware-updatemgr vmware-vapi-endpoint vmware-vmon vmware-vpostgres vmware-vpxd vmware-vpxd-svcs vmware-vsan-health vmware-vsm vsphere-client vsphere-ui
applmgmt vmcam vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-rbd-watchdog vmware-statsmonitor vmware-vcha vsan-dps
I just reverted back to snapshot and everything is ok, will try again to update it at some point...
Looks like the applmgmt service is down.
Since you already have a snapshot, reverting back to the snapshot is the easier option.
If you are yet to re-try the patching of the vCenter, I would request you to use the following method:
The latest build for 6.7 vCenter is 14836122 which is 6.7 U3a. I am suggesting to update to the latest.
- Go to https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch and choosing VC from the Select a Product drop-down menu and download the file named "VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-18.104.22.168000-14836122-patch-FP.iso"
- Take snapshot of the vCenter appliance
- Attach the "VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-22.214.171.124000-14836122-patch-FP.iso" file to the vCenter Server Appliance CD/DVD drive.
- Log in to the appliance shell with your root credentials (appliance shell is the one with prompt as "Command>")
- Something like this -
- To stage the ISO:
software-packages stage --iso
- To see the staged content:
software-packages list --staged
- To install the staged rpms:
software-packages install --staged
Let us know if any errors are reported during patching and you can send the snippet here in case if it fails.
This will give us more insight if the patching is done properly and then we can work on the applmgmt service if it still fails to start.
You can also refer the steps mentioned here - Updating vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 to Update 1 - VMware vSphere Blog