We have the same issue. As a workaround we turned off User Account Control completely with Registry Editor and after reboot Search worked again.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLUA -> Set to 0
We fixed this issue in our environment by deleting the following from the Default User profile folder:
Hope this helps with your issue.
Thanks for the response.
I did your fixes and now it works.
I deleted the folders and file from the default profile but it did not work. Deleted from the administrator profile did the trick.
I did it on the master image and took a snapshot but when a user logs on folders are created again. I connected remotely to c:\ drive and deleted folders and file manually and immediately search and other functions started to work as expected. Next user logon or reboot, shutdown did not change the behavior. It saves with the user profile.