Perfect! This works for me!
I had the problem with the converter 6.2 ... there is no longer a converter-worker.xml there is only one singel file - converter-client.xml
so I entered the SSL option code, then the converter could connect... and then I tried to convert a VM and it spit into my face with a message "cant read hardware settings". wtf?
I belive it can't by design... and this has to do with some no longer supported storage configurations. With the other direction I had to hack the vmx files, then the converter 6.2 did convert my player 6.5 VMs... the root cause was a vmdk file pointing to a physical disk. But I wont touch my "golden sample" which contains 5 years of lessons, research and tests. And there are only iSCSI or local volumes...
I have to say today I lost my faith in VMware products... also because of a purple screen with an original and vmware supported Intel Quadport E1000 card in a VMware supported mainboard...
Try to find XMLs in folder "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\"
The "can't retrieve hardware information" error comes from the format of old .VMX files (< ESX 5.5 or < WS 10) aid it is not related to the SSL problem, that happens with VMX files on a regular hard drive too. I know the workarounds, but the solution is to do the convert with an older converter version.
The thread is about SSL connections and fix for TLS1.0 with XML files.
If you experience issues to connect with UI, the same issue will happens with services' connections, so you can't change only value in converter-client.xml and work successfully.
For your other problem(s) you must open new thread(s) attaching appropriate logs into.
I'll give it a try. The VMX version incompatibility I have found out this by myself, but maybe the converter 6.1.1 is more stable and doesn't just stop. On the other hand it could be related to my network card, becasue it gave me a purple screen on heavy usage recently.
Great, it works .
Thank you and Merry Christmas !
Con esto pude resolver el problema.