To reset the root password, please follow
Skyline Support Moderator.
Link doesn't work.
Thanks for the response.Please find the below steps
To reset the root password:
- Restart the Skyline appliance.
- From the Console screen of the appliance when you see the PhotonOS splash screen press "e".
- At the end of the PhotonOS boot command add "rw init=/bin/bash' "
- Press F10 to access to the command prompt
- Type "passwd" to set the root password
- Type "reboot -f" to reboot the appliance
Skyline Support Moderator
The line "rw init=/bin/bash' "
should be "rw init='/bin/bash' "
One missing quote would cause syntax error
I have locked out my root account "Account locked due to X failed logins"
I have used the information in KB52652 to reset the root password but it didn't unlock the account. Is there something else you need to do after resetting the password in order to unlock it?
The KB has the steps to reset the password, if the account is locked you will need to clear the lock after resetting the password.
Please run the following command after resetting the password on the shell:
/sbin/pam_tally2 -r -u root