I have the same issue. Anyone find a solution?
1 person found this helpful
I may have figured the problem out this morning. There are some setting that I forgot the VMware OS Optimization Tool tweaks to disable Windows updates which I've temporarily changed back. I'm not sure if all three of these are necessary but I did them all just in case, then I reboot and afterward found that I could check for updates.
1. Enable the Windows Update service (set to automatic)
2. Delete registry item SetDisableUXWUAccess (HKLM/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Windows/WindowsUpdate/)
3. Make sure local group policy item Remove access to use all Windows Update features is either Not Configured or Disabled (Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update/)
Thanks, this worked for me too.
I did have to wait a few minutes after the reboot though before I could check for updates