Welcome to communities,
Thank you for sharing all the information,
- We would like to view the logs on Skyline collector, or request you to share the errors reported for the vCenter labeled as Unknown.
- Are there any hosts or any objects on the vCenter server having any issues / Maintenance mode / disconnected?
- In-order to restart services on vCenter server, you could run the command "service-control --stop --all and then service-control --start --all"
- Once deleted from the Skyline Admin page, it would at-least take 48 hours to refresh the data on the database and provide you updated information on Skyline Advisor.
Do share the information requested on the form along with the vCenter server name.
Thanks for the reply Ashwin!!!
1. Log is attached.
2. There are no other hosts/vCenters having the issue.
3. I know how to restart all of the vCenter services, but was more wondering if there are any in particular that might resolve my issue, instead of all of them.
4. The old vCenter was removed, well over 2 days ago.
The vCenter name in question is cvvmvctr. I've also attached 2 screen shots from the local Skyline appliance. The first is the vCenter in question and the 2nd is the error that occurs when trying to restart the endpoint.
Thank you for sharing all the required details,
As per the errors reported on the logs that has been shared for Skyline we see that there is a certificate miss-match for this vCenter server, below mentioned are few of the errors:
2019-03-26 20:34:54,222 ERROR [pool-4-thread-15] VcEventCollectionTask [ExternalCollectionTask.java:86] [task=VC_EVENTS-cvvxxxxx.xxx.local] The certificate validation failed, won't collect data.
2019-03-26 20:34:54,222 INFO [pool-4-thread-15] c.v.s.c.s.SkylineSentry [SubstituteLogger.java:169] [task=VC_EVENTS-cvvxxxxx.xxx.local] Sentry is not enabled, exception ignored.
2019-03-26 20:34:54,222 ERROR [pool-4-thread-15] VcEventCollectionTask [ExternalCollectionTask.java:138] [task=VC_EVENTS-cvvxxxxx.xxx.local] The certificate of the endpoint is invalid, can't continue with collection.
2019-03-26 20:34:54,222 WARN [pool-4-thread-15] VcEventCollectionTask [ExternalCollectionTask.java:71] [task=VC_EVENTS-cvvxxxxx.xxx.local] Endpoint thumbprint doesn't match the expected: 3E:16:28:DE:E6:AF:FE:39:F2:81:C8:D0:05:FE:39:25:D5:3C:05:3A. Actual: 34:CC:EE:69:20:5E:49:AE:66:FE:94:20:8C:58:A9:0C:85:FC:B7:DB
Caused by: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.CertificateValidationException: SSL handshake from 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:36662 to cvvxxxxx.xxx.local/xx.xx.xx.xxx:443 failed in 2 ms
... 12 common frames omitted
Caused by: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.CertificateValidationException: Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint doesn't match
Request you to readd the vCenter server (delete the endpoint from Skyline and add vCenter) which would refresh the certificate.
Thanks Ashwin!!! Removing it from Skyline and re-adding it, fixed the issue. I did get a warning about the certs, when adding it back in, but I clicked Continue and all was green. It has since updated itself in VMware Cloud Services and also removed the old vCenter that I had previously deleted. Everything is now up to date and synced
Thank you for the update Scott!!! Its great to know that everything is working now