Correct. That would only work if you modified every VM in the pool. Typically for testing like this I create 1-3 VMs in a "test" pool.
First test with removing UEM gave the same results so I can now exclude UEM as the culprit. I will now be trying using the registry edit.
Do you actually have the policy for the pool set to allow USB? I only ever had the problem when trying to use USB and UEM smart policies to control USB. Do you have any firewalls in place between your physical desktop and the VDI desktop? USB traffic is on a different port 32111 than normal PCOIP or BLAST traffic.
Edit: Also, are you connecting directly to connection servers or is there a device that you use like an F5 appliance in between?
I was thinking firewall, but that went out the window when I noticed it worked on reconnect.
No smart policy has been applied via UEM. I have tried it though,
I have tracked the issue down to Appvolumes. If I remove it from the image, the USB Redirection works as expected. One Appvolumes agent is installed, it reverts to the previous non working USB. So this led me to look at the writable volumes. Upon inspection, I saw that there were 4 appstacks that were "missing". They were applied to a group that I was a member of and would not delete. Rather than mess around with the DB and risk a corruption, I decided to jut upgrade to version 188.8.131.52. I was then able to delete the 4 volumes in error state and viola! The VDI guests all now see the USB each and every time I log in.
EDIT: I spoke to soon. As soon as I reattached a volume and logged off, the USB no longer works.
1 person found this helpful
Issue has now been resolved. Here are the steps I took.
I did a couple things to correct the issue. Not sure which was the actual “fix”
- Unassigned all app volumes from their target users and machines.
- Created a new App Volumes template
- Switched the default template within App volumes to the newly created template
- Cleaned up 2 missing App Volumes that were not able to be deleted previously.
- Reverted to the previous App Volume template
- Deleted the new template created in #2
- Uninstalled App Volumes agent from client master image
- Upgraded App Volumes to current version 184.108.40.206
- Reinstalled App Volumes agent (most current vesion) on Master image
- Pushed new image (instant clone)
- Assigned appropriate app stack to user/computer groups
USB working as expected.