Try the below steps before starting the installation -
1) From the location <C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc>, delete all the hosts.* files (such as hosts.bak, hosts.old, etc.)
2) Un-check the Read-only attributes for the folder <C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc>
3) Disable any Antivirus, Windows Defender, etc.
1 person found this helpful
That all I already read on the web, tried, but no success. I tried it again now on the second server, no luck.
Here is what I found in windows event viewer:
Product: VMware Plug-in Service -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CipCertInstall, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Plug-in Service\vmware-cip-init.exe, command: --install
So I tried it manually before I clicked on the error dialog (after that the files would be deleted by the installation procedure) and it complained about missing dll. So I isolated the unzipped installation directory from %TEMP% and found a vcredist_x86.exe file there. Ran it manually, re-ran the setup of the service afterwards (VMware-ClientIntegrationService-8298400.msi) .... and voila, it has been completed successfully.
In Firefox 52 ESR it is now all working again, so this is the solution for me. I wonder if I finally can upgrade Firefox to current version or still need the old ESR ....
thanks for your time
Thank you - I had the same problem. I tried removing the hosts.bak file that was on the system and that did not work. I then tried your solution of locating the C++ 2013 redistributable from the temp directory, manually ran that, and then re-ran the client integration plugin installer. Then it finished properly.
Crazy stuff we have to do to get things to work...
Yeah, the code quality is poor, unfortunately. For example. now I am stuck on vCenter 6.0 as I upgraded to u3h, which is impossible to upgrade to 6.5/6.7. Hopefully not forever .... crazy stuff, as you said ....