Why not assign it using the Appvolumes manager?? Then it just goes automatically..
There are very good advantages doing it this way.
1) You may have a user who has many app stacks but only use some or few of them everyday. This way we are not attaching 6-10 app stacks per user at 9am
2) You can even have multiple versions of an app attaching and detaching which is great for dev environment
3) It is a fantastic demo
4) Great for customer putting together an app catalog
5) Don't even have to assign the app stack to the user
6) reduces the number of attachment during logon storm
7) I can use UEM to create the icon and also get very accurate stats on usage
I can probably think of a few other reasons but it is damn useful feature. Now I am going to try a few other things to get this working.
I believe it has to do with the user requiring local admin privilege that I can provide with UEM.
Meanwhile if anyone has done this and can document the requirement please come forward...
I hate that demo, personally, I've had a lot of problems attaching app stacks immediately. I think that demo used something like this if you want to try it.
I agree with you, if we are attaching appstacks immediately it will cause issues
and yes user need elevated rights to do it
Note: for simple applications like notepad++ and browsers it was very good idea but not like applications SSMS and so on