chnb, I have search on google like crazy but I am unable to find anything related to elmulex/elxnet 11.4.1255 or 11.2.1271.
Can you provide a deep link to a release note or download page?
We've seen something similar on the HP 556FLR Emulex adapter. The latest driver HP has published is 11.4.1205....
2 people found this helpful
HPE has published this advisory:
Advisory: VMware - HPE ProLiant Server Configured With Certain Network Adapters And Running VMware ESXi 6.0 U3 May Randomly Lose Connection to Individual Virtual Machines
We have installed the driver released by vmware (11.2.1271) with good results. We have 1,5Weeks of stable operations and counting.
It may look like it's an older version than the one released by HP but apparently, according to HP support, they use different numbering (although the same basic format).
We have now upgraded all our hosts to the latest HP SPP (2018.03.0.B) and the latest vmware release and latest HP drivers (apart from the Vmware supplied ELXNET driver). All our blades are BL460c Gen9 with 650FLB adapters and we run virtual connect 4.62. Hopefully this means we will have stable operations during summer, but you never know
Please provide the below details as -
1. Can the virtual machine ping other virtual machine on the same host-same port group , when the issue occurs ?
2. If yes, then let us know the kind of adapter used for the virtual machine - e1000/ vmxnet3 .
3. If e1000 , have we tried to change the adapter to vmxnet3 adapter ( If possible, please install latest VMware tools and replace e1000 with vmxnet3 adapter )
4. If vmxnet3, then make sure the we got enough buffer on the adapter ( VMware Knowledge Base )
5. Also provide the below details as
- vmware -lv
- esxcfg-nics -l
- esxcli network nic get -n vmnix
- esxcfg-vswitch -l
If required , we can request for some advanced stats after checking the above.
Is everything working fine after performing the updated driver ?
We haven't seen any issues so far, and we've been running them for about a month.
Great ! Let me know if the issue re-occurs .