ESXi comes with 60 days trial version. Post that the license would be expired and need to have that updated in order to work
What about the scenario i wrote? Can esxi free handle it?
If all you want is to run some simple VMs then yes, ESXi free can do those things.
Thats good, but what about vgpu? I dont think free esxi could handle it, is it?
vGPU support is not even in Standard edition, it is feature of Enterprise Plus edition only.
ESXi Free Limitations
- You can’t Manage via vCenter Serve
- Maximum 2 physical CPUs in Hosts
- Maximum 8 vCPU Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Locked APIs (only get/read operations)
- No VMware Support
- Number of cores per physical CPU: No limit
- Number of physical CPUs per host: No limit
- Number of logical CPUs per host: 480
- Maximum vCPUs per virtual machine: 8
This is what says on the main page. I guess they change it. Just enterprise for vgpu... thats too bad.