Just a guess but is your vSAN license valid and not expired?
Yes，license is vaild.Use the command 'esxcli vsan cluster get' in the esxi server,I can see vsan status is normal.
What is the version of your vCenter? Please make sure your vCenter is at the same or higher version than your ESXi hosts.
Sorry, this has not been prompted until today to see.
My vCenter version is 6.5.0-5705665 and ESXI host version is 6.5.0-5310538.
1 person found this helpful
That's odd. The option should be there, regardless of HA state (on/off), or even vSAN licenses.
- GUI problem - perhaps vCenter reboot may help, based on my experience
- Time difference - make sure all hosts and vCenter are synced with same time/timezone
- Browser - Try to use a different browser
Aside from the good suggestions GreatWhiteTec made (do test these if possible), have you tested:
- With the Web-Client in another language (so as to rule out localization issues)?
- Have you checked the web-client logs that it is checking for the vSAN capabilities of the cluster and reporting?
Via SSH to vCSA:
# tail -f /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log | grep -i vsan
This should be logging a lot of things when you refresh the browser page (not refresh the web-client button) - whether it will log issues/errors encountered I do not know as I cannot reproduce this issue.
- Are you using any form of firewall between where you are accessing the web-client and the vCenter?
It is my understanding that these can strip elements from web pages (but this is very unlikely if it is just the vSAN elements not showing).
Are you still able to see vSAN elements under the Monitor tab?
Cluster > Monitor > vSAN > Health
1.The vCenter server has restarter.
2.The ESXI host used NTP server with domain controller.The vCenter server is a windows server and has been added domain.
3.I use firefox and googe but the display is the same.
Can you please let me know if all the providers for vSAN are listed under the storage providers section under vcenter . Also let me know if all services for vcenter server is running in the Vcenter "service-control --status" do we see any stopped services