True, Presently only CPU/Mem/Disk are mapped. We will look into this issue and figure out what need to be done to make these changes.
Thank you again for your prompt response. I look forward to your findings.
Any news on this front? I have considered an event that uses the SNOW API to update the CI after provisioning, but this would only apply to newly deployed machines. Whereas the scheduled import should be performing a true-up of all managed machines. Thanks again for your assistance!
This requirement is added on our tracker and it is tracked for its progress. There is no final decision about its release. We will updated this topic thread based on final decision.
Any updates on extra fields being passed into CMDB such as IP address, Storage info, Datastores, Cluster?
1 person found this helpful
I have came across workaround to display IP address in CMDB view. It requires some mapping modification and change in script include. Anyone with admin right and servicenow dev background will be able to do that. We will take it further to discuss with team and based on team decision add into next release.
1. In SNOW Tables , search for label 'Resource Mappings'.
2. In 'Related Link' section , click on Show List.
3. In 'vRealize Automation Resource Type' click on rows with 'Infrastructure.Virtual' and 'Infrastructure.Cloud'.
4. In 'Payload' section , add following lines as displayed in image. (payload is JSON, reverify it for JSON syntax).
"ip_address" : "ip_address_$",
5. Search Script Include 'VRASNImportCMDB'. And make changes as describe in image, Please see line number for code modification. code changes are (highlighted )
codeStr = "ciRecord."+parsedCMDBMap.resourceData[j1].replace(/_\$/g,'') +"=resourceDataKey."+parsedCMDBMap.resourceData[j2];