I have the exact same issue. Did you get resolution?
Any help would be great.
Not definitively, but what I was able to surmise is that although they are both in the same SSO domain (by name), which is the very common vsphere.local, the SSO Site Names are different, and there is no way that I could find to change this.
In my case I wanted to do it because I have an old vCenter that I wanted to migrate off of as seamlessly as possible. Since I can't, I am using vSphere Replication 6.1 to move the VM's from one to the other.
2 people found this helpful
I had the same issue. I have two PSCs behind a load balancer. I tried the VIP FQDN, the IP and the FQDN of a single PSC that was the replication partner of the embedded PSC. It appears that the FQDN of the new PSC is case sensitive. For example, this was my original command:
cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc "pscvip.domain.local' --username "administrator" --domain-name "vsphere.local" --passwd "password"
That did not work
This did work:
cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc "PSCVIP.domain.local" --username "administrator" --domain-name "vsphere.local" --passwd "password"
In speaking with VMware support the configuration of an embedded PSC linked to an External PSC is deprecated and not supported. Even though there is documentation that it can be done.
I followed the procedure outlined in KB 2127992.
I deployed a new SSO
Repointed my old vCenter 5 to the new SSO
Upgraded the SSO to a PSC
Upgraded my vCenter to VC6
Add a new vCenter using the PSC
I can not vMotion between two vCenters
Now that this is working I am performing the following
Exporting my dVS
Recreating my Resource Pools - I only have a few so this is easy
Recreating my folder structure
Vmotion my VMs in a rolling manner and moving hosts in a rolling manner to the new VC
This was the same for me. It would report that the external PSC wasn't a replication partner until I used all UPPERCASE for the servername; which is probably how it was installed.
I had this same issue.
I used this command to see EXACT case:
/usr/lib/vmware-vmdir/bin/vdcrepadmin -f showpartners -h vc02.seha.com -u administrator
The command that failed started like this: cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc psc02-1.seha.com...
The command that worked started like this: cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc PSC02-1.seha.com...
PSC Server was case sensitive, typed the servername in Uppercase and it worked.