A1- For Linux virtual machines, you manually install or upgrade VMware Tools by using the command line. vSphere Documentation Center
A2- To Join your esxi host to domain select your esxi host and go the authentication services,select AD from the drop down menu and provide the domain name and the credentials and click join domain.
Kindly mark it as correct if this answer your query.
1. Initiate VMware tools installation by right click on VM and login into VM, VMware tools disk mount in Linux. run tools script for installation.
2. Select ESX host from right pane in Virtual Center client. click on "Configuration" tab on left pane. Select " Authentication Services" then Properties. New "Directory Services Configuration" Window open. enter Domain name and click on Join Domain.
Let me know if more clarification require.
thanq very much boss
thanq very much kanishk
To install VMware Tools in a Linux guest operating system using RPM:
- Ensure that your Linux virtual machine is powered on.
- If you are running a GUI interface, open a command shell.
- Click VM in the virtual machine menu, then click Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and click OK.
- To create a mount point, run:
- To mount the CDROM, run:
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- To install VMware Tools using RPM, run:
rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/VMwareTools-version.rpm
Where <version> is the version of VMware Tools you want to install
To check the existing version of VMware Tools, use the "cd" command to go to /mnt/cdrom/ directory and list the contents of the directory with the command # ls.
Note:You can only perform the install as a root user or by using the sudo command.
- To configure VMware Tools for your running kernel, run:
- To unmount the CDROM, run:
- To end the VMware Tools install, click VM in the virtual machine menu, then clickGuest > End VMware Tools Install.
how to install & update vm tools in linux systems and how to join a esxi host in domainhow to join a esxi host in domain
- From the vSphere Client, select the host that you want to add to the Active Directory.
- Click the Configuration tab > Authentication Services.
- Click the Properties link at the top right pane.
- In the Directory Services Configuration dialog box, select the directory service from the dropdown.
- Enter a domain.
- Click Join Domain.
- Enter the user name (in email@example.com format) and password of a directory service user account that has permissions to join the host to the domain and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Directory Services Configuration dialog box.
- Click the Configuration tab and select Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to Config > HostAgent.
- Change the Config.HostAgent.plugins.hostsvc.esxAdminsGroup setting to match the Administrator group that you want to use in the Active Directory. These settings takes affect within a minute and no reboot is required.
- If the Config.HostAgent.plugins.hostsvc.esxAdminsGroup setting is changed, ensure to remove any invalid users from the Permissions tab of the ESXi host.