VMRC receives a session ticket from the server (generated from the acquireCloneTicket API) and via this it acquires an MKS ticket used to display the console window. Normally traffic is on ports 443 and 902.
A few questions:
- What are you seeing? Is there an error message?
- What version of vSphere/vCenter/ESXi are you using?
- Have you downloaded the VMRC standalone application (http://www.vmware.com/go/download-vmrc)? The VMRC plugin has been deprecated along with browser NPAPI support.
Dear CQuartetti ,
1. its just showing launch console. that's opening in next tab. that was like normal behavior in VMware web-client
2. We are using vsphere 5.5 with latest updates.
3. yes we have download all the patch.
we have all port s are opened from ESXi , vcenter IP range to my PC.
Re: "... its just showing launch console"
Can you post a screenshot? Is it showing a blank console or displaying an attempt to connect? What's the URL?
If you're using the latest vSphere web client, which supports standalone VMRC, you should see "Launch Remote Console" and "Download Remote Console" in the VM Summary tab:
Otherwise you are using vSphere which supports the older plugin version of VMRC. It may be helpful to look at the recent log entries. Log files can be found on Windows in these locations:
- standalone: %TEMP%\vmware-%USERNAME%\
- plugin: %TEMP%\vmrc-plugin\