Not only 65% discount on the VCP6 exam, but via a migration exam too, which I assume means it will not be a full VCP exam situation! Can anybody enlighten me on what a 'migration exam' is or is this a new thing? Like the delta exam offered to get to VCP550-DCV, i.e. open book online!!
I actually took my VCP5-DCV exam on Saturday so I just made it in Looking forward to this 65% discount and migration exam!
Thank you for the continued updates, I do not envy the position that you are in. It is nice to see that VMWare has realized that the changes are a bit messy.
I am one of those who rushed and passed the delta exam. So now what are my options?
- Try and take the cheaper/easier/not yet released VCP 6.0 exam (for a product that has not been released) before the arbitrary date of August 31st which would then extend my deadline for recertification by five or six months?
- Wait for close to the end of my two year deadline and get my VCP 7 and extend my deadline by two years?
Well, considering the product does not yet exist, the third party study materials almost certainly will not be ready by August 31st, and the exam availability has yet to be announced (for the non existent product), means I will probably wait another year and half for the VCP 7 Delta to become available.
I would say there's a greater chance of seeing the VCP6 exam and materials prior to the end of August than there is seeing a vSphere 7, VCP7 exam and materials prior to 18 months from now.
I doubt VMware would have put an August 31st deadline on the 65% discount if there was very little chance that people would have time to take it before then...
There's a number of changes with the next generation of VCP (including VCP6-DCV) - a "migration" exam, plus a "foundation" exam, plus specialist exams...
Have a look here for what's been announced so far: VMware Certification Roadmap for 2015
Thank you for that information.
I think I was trying to point out that for the foreseeable future, the goal of the certification process has changed from a:
"I want to get Certified on the next version to keep my skills up and for my resume."
to more of a
"When should I take my test to get the longest amount of time out of my certification and avoid losing the ability to put it on my resume."
Should I rush through the VCP 6 process ASAP?
- It would save me money and I would get the VCP6 title early.
- BUT it would only gain me a five month extension on my use of a VCP title, so it probably is best if I wait.
If there was not a two year cancellation of my VCP, I probably would be thrilled with the generous offer of upgrading to a VCP6 ASAP and jump on it!
Hope that makes sense,
I get it - a lot of people left it very late to meet the original March 10th recertification deadline.
If you decide that VCP6-DCV is important and you want to take advantage of the 65% discount as someone who did meet the original deadline, plan to take the "migration exam" (whatever that may be when it's launched) before August 31st 2015.
If not, wait til you're closer to your recertification deadline.