The pass-rate goal of the VCDX program is that every candidate who is accepted to defend passes. We have not yet achieved this goal. In my time as VCDX Program Manager, I have worked with a number of unsuccessful candidates. I have found that they tend to express similar concerns. This document collects these concerns, together with responses. I hope that it will help past candidates make constructive use of their experiences, and that it will help future candidates, including those reapplying, to succeed.
- Blinded and randomized selection of panelists
- A standardized defense format
- Mandatory training for panelists
- A scoring rubric with detailed definitions of each performance level in each scoring area
- Majority voting by panelists (that is, unanimity among panelists is not required)