1 person found this helpful
those who probably know will have NDA signed hence we would not know the date. Anyway it has being rather quite. The only iPad App that is releasing soon would be View Client.
for now, you may want to look at Wyse Pocket Cloud
Yes, I should take the "Wyse Pocket Cloud" as View Client for Mobile Devices from Apple...
We do that for many Devices in our Hospital to get mobility to our Users.
But for "mobile management" for the vSphere Environment I only find this product at this moment: iDatacenter
But I think, many peoples or admins are waiting for the products from VMware...
cu Jo!If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Thanks, but it´s not so comfortable than an App, because the display resolution was too high from an iPhone or iPad...
So, I can recommend the iDatacenter App from the Apple iTunes Store...
- Aggregate statistics per datacenter.
- Individual statistics and status for each physical host, virtual machine.
- Search/filter to find the host or virtual machine you are looking for.
- Use Storage vMotion to migrate a virtual machine from one datastore to another.
- Suspend and power on/off virtual machines.
- Soft reboot and soft shutdown of virtual machine with VMWare Tools installed.
- Enter and exit maintenance mode, disconnect and reconnect, reboot or shutdown hosts.
- Data cache for fast startup and navigation.
The "Mobile Access" development wasn´t continued since years...
Use an View Client (like Wyse Pocket Cloud) on the pocket device and start the vSphere Client there to manage your environment...
Meanwhile, you can check out iVMControl on the app store, it works on iPad too (not really an iPad application), but it has basic functionality and is actively under development:
Thanks, I´ve seen this App.
But I´m preferring the iDatacenter app, U´ve many more features for controlling your DC.
And I´m still waiting for the original VMware app
Another way you can do this if you have Citrix in house is to run the VIC client as a published application. iPAD works with Citrix receiver version 4.2.2.
We setup a test using Citirx XenApp 5.0 + Web Interface 5.4 and CAG VPX 5.x with iPAD and Citrix receiver 4.2.2. You can publish any apps you want and deliver to iPAD and you only have to install the Citrix receiver. An updated Citrix receiver clients which works with iPhone /Android/Blackberry are suppose to be available soon.
It was pointed out in another thread that the instructions for vCMA at http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma have references for the iPad app. Maybe it won't be too long?
snipet from the instructions section;
- Once it powers on, you will need to configure your iPad by going into Settings, the vSphere client (usually bottom left corner of screen, in the Apps section), then you enter the IP address of your mobile appliance.
- Finally, you can access your environment from the vSphere iPad app by entering your vCenter server info or ESX server info, with appropriate username and password.