After upgrading, or restarting, the Skyline Collector virtual appliance, you are unable to reach the Skyline Collector user interface via a web browser. Additionally, the Skyline Collector appears in a state other than Healthy within Skyline Advisor Collector Health Details page. Finally, the following message is displayed on the Skyline Collector virtual appliance console.
Red Banner: No Networking Detected. Please login and run the command /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net to Reconfigure the Network
This issue could impact the following versions of the Skyline Collector after restarting, or upgrading, the Skyline Collector virtual appliance.
- Skyline Collector version 2.1
- Skyline Collector version 2.2
- Skyline Collector version 2.3
Complete these steps to restore networking to the Skyline Collector virtual appliance.
- Within the vSphere Client, open the console for the Skyline Collector virtual appliance virtual machine.
- Log in to the Skyline Collector virtual appliance using the 'root' account.
- First, restart the networkd service. Restarting the networkd service usually resolves this issue. Multiple restarts of the networkd service may be needed to resolve the issue. Run the following command to restart the networkd service: systemctl restart systemd-networkd
- Sometimes, restarting the networkd service results in a loss of network configuration. If this occurs, run the following command to reconfigure network details for the Skyline ColIector: /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net
Confirm that the Skyline Collector is available on the network. Try accessing the Skyline Collector user interface via the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), or IP address within a web browser.
This resolution is temporary, as any subsequent restarts of the Skyline Collector virtual appliance could cause the issue to occur again.
If your Skyline Collector auto-upgraded to version 188.8.131.52 and is in an Inactive state, please see VMware Knowledge Base Article 76651.
If you are unable to resolve the issue using the steps provided above, please start a discussion in the Skyline Community. A VMware Technical Support Engineer moderating that Community will assist you with resolving the issue. If you are a Premier Support customer, please contact your Support Account Manager.
If you have misplaced, or forgotten, the root account 'password', follow these instructions to reset the root password.
This document was generated from the following discussion: Skyline Collector 2.3 Auto Upgrade Bug