- Extensive product and feature icons additions and updates.
- Added low- and mid-complexity example diagrams.
- Initial publication.
It's my pleasure the share with the community the custom stencils that are used to create the diagrams that you see in the VMware Validated Designs.
- Download and extract the attached archive.
- Save the stencil files to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Shapes. Microsoft Visio will recognize all stencil files in the My Shapes folder.
- Template: vmware-sddc-template.vdsx
- Product and Feature Icons: vmware-sddc-icons.vssx
- Colors and Boxes: vmware-sddc-shapes-text.vssx
- Open the template file in Microsoft Visio.
- Load the stencils.
- In the Shapes panes, clicl More Shapes and select Open Stencil.
- In the Open Stencil dialog box, select the both stencil files, and then select Open.
You can now drag and drop the required stencil to your sheet.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Do use the Arial Regular font.
- Do create the text blocks first to determine if a design can fit in the maximum width when a graphic may contains a lot of text
- Do not use a type size smaller than 11 points.
- Do not scale the icons and shapes. They will appear different than all other graphics in the documentation.
- Do not use different paper format. It may cause problem with the graphic appearance.
All official diagrams for the VMware Validated Designs are provided in the product documentation found at vmware.com/go/vvd-docs.