It is my pleasure to share the updated architecture reference poster for the VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 4.2.
This poster depicts many portions of the fundamental architecture for both quick reference and discussion.
The poster has six major sections.
- Logical Components Architecture – This section illustrates the logical architecture and the how the solutions are deployed and integrated across a full-stack, dual-region Software-Defined Data Center. From vCenter Servers and load-balanced Platform Services Controllers to cross-region and cross-vCenter NSX, through cloud operations and automation with the vRealize Suite, this section touches it all.
- Core and Domain Architecture – This section illustrates the concent of Workload Domains used in the design and how they are constructed and deployed to provide a common set of scalable building blocks for your Software-Defined Data Center.
- Distributed Logical Networking and Application Virtual Networks – This section illustrates the design’s use of distributed logical routing across a dual-region Software-Defined Data Center by incorporating VMware NSX into the management stack. It also depicts the deployment of the full-stack of SDDC solutions with Application Virtual Networks and network services provided by NSX.
- Storage – This section illustrates the use of vSAN and NFS in the design. VMware Validated Designs are designed and tested with VMware vSAN in the management & shared edge and compute domains for primary storage and NFS for secondary storage (templates, archives, and backups.)
- Workload Domains – This section illustrates, at a high-level, how the network works inside the workload domains.
- Region Protection and Disaster Recovery – This section illustrates how the design protects vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, vRealize Operations, and vRealize Business for Cloud using Site Recovery Manager along with NSX.
If you’d like to print the poster and hang it on your office wall, the PDF size is 51in x 31in. Let us know if you have any questions or have feedback by posting comments in here in the community.
For more information on VMware Validated Design for SDDC 4.2:
- VMware Validated Design for SDDC 4.2 Release Notes
- What’s New in the VMware Validated Design for SDDC 4.2 Blog
- Read the documentation at vmware.com/go/vvd-docs
This document was generated from the following discussion: VMware Validated Design for SDDC 4.2 Architecture Reference Poster