"VMware vSphere 6.5 Cookbook - Third Edition" authored by Abhilash G B, Cedric Rajendran (Jan 2018) helps deploy and manage VMware vSphere 6.5 components with ease.
The book starts with the procedures involved in upgrading your existing vSphere infrastructure to vSphere 6.5, followed by deploying a new vSphere 6.5 environment. Then the book delves further into the procedures involved in managing storage and network access to the ESXi hosts and the virtual machines running on them. Moving on, the book covers high availability and fair distribution/utilization of clustered compute and storage resources.
Finally, the book covers patching and upgrading the vSphere infrastructure using VUM, certificate management using VMCA, and finishes with a chapter covering the tools that can be used to monitor the performance of a vSphere infrastructure.
What You Will Learn:
- Upgrade your existing vSphere environment or perform a fresh deployment
- Automate the deployment and management of large sets of ESXi hosts in your vSphere Environment
- Configure and manage FC, iSCSI, and NAS storage, and get more control over how storage resources are allocated and managed
- Configure vSphere networking by deploying host-wide and data center-wide switches in your vSphere environment
- Configure high availability on a host cluster and learn how to enable the fair distribution and utilization of compute resources
- Patch and upgrade the vSphere environment
- Handle certificate request generation and renew component certificates
- Monitor performance of a vSphere environment
Author Bio: Abhilash G B
Abhilash G B is a virtualization specialist, author, designer, and a VMware vExpert 2014-2017 who specializes in the areas of data center virtualization and cloud computing. He has been in the IT industry for more than a decade and has been working on VMware products and technologies since the start of 2007.
Cedric Rajendran is a senior staff engineer in technical support with VMware. He has around 13 years of experience covering a wide spectrum of technologies. He has served in the fields of Network Ops, Technical Support, and Consulting. His core strengths are on the server and storage virtualization.