vSphere High Performance Cookbook - Second Edition authored by Kevin Elder and Christopher Kusek has over 80 recipes to help you improve vSphere 6.5's performance and solve problems before they arise.
This book starts with interesting recipes, such as the interaction of vSphere 6.5 components with physical layers such as CPU, memory, and networking. Then we focus on DRS, resource control design, and vSphere cluster design. Next, you'll learn about storage performance design and how it works with VMware vSphere 6.5. Moving on, you will learn about the two types of vCenter installation and the benefits of each. Lastly, the book covers performance tools that help you get the most out of your vSphere installation.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the VMM Scheduler, cache aware CPU Scheduler, NUMA Aware CPU Scheduler, and more during the CPU Performance Design phase
- Get to know the virtual memory reclamation technique, host ballooning monitoring, and swapping activity
- Choose the right platform while designing your vCenter Server, redundant vCenter design, and vCenter SSO and its deployment
- Know how to use various performance simulation tools
- Design VCSA Server Certificates to minimize security threats
- Use health check tools for storage and boost vSphere 6.5's performance with VAAI and VASA
Kevin Elder lives in Portland, Oregon, and is a Principal Architect and Engineer at Xiologix LLC. With over 15 years of experience in IT, focused on selling, installing, and supporting virtualization and storage technologies, Kevin is responsible for customer success from initial design through implementation. He has been installing, managing, and selling VMware products for over 10 years. Kevin holds a VCP 6 and is a Dell EMC Elect for 2017.
Christopher Kusek lives in Portland, Oregon where he is Chief Technology Officer and Executive VP of Engineering at Xiologix. With over 20 years of experience in IT as a technology evangelist and industry leader, Christopher plays a key role in Xiologix's growth, leading its storage and engineering practice to evaluate and architect solutions that meet the client's tactical and strategic goals.