- After rebooting the vSphere appliance the context menu could be missing.
There is error in the log: var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log:
[WARN ] pool-10-thread-1 com.vmware.vco.session.ExtensionObjectUpdater Failed to update context menus extension vsphere.vco.contextMenusActionSet.Datastore java.lang.NullPointerException: null
In case the error appears again in /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/webclient.properties add/edit property webClient.loadTime and set the value in seconds. By the default the value is 5 sec. Restart the vSphere appliance
There should be a line in the vsphere_client_virgo.log: Wait web client to load X seconds where X is the value you set
- Fix a race condition when registering context menus
- Provide compatibility with vSphere Web Client 6.7
- Fixed a performance issue causing workflow data adapter requests to timeout in certain environments
- This technical preview is targeted to existing vRealize Orchestrator 7.2 customers experiencing compatibility issues with vSphere Web Client 6.5.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Web Client 6.5
- Fixed an issue with Orchestrator context menus in Web Client UI if the corresponding context workflow contains '&' characters in its name
In Orchestrator appliance:
- Stop Orchestrator server service, either via Orchestrator Control Center UI > Manage > Startup Options, or by executing service vco-server stop in a shell terminal
- Replace the file /usr/lib/vco/downloads/vco-plugin.zip with the attached technical preview build (make a backup copy of the old file to a safe location, and make sure the new file is copied with the same name vco-plugin.zip)
- Update file's name/ownership/permission attributes to match the original ones
- Start Orchestrator server service, either via Orchestrator Control Center UI > Manage > Startup Options, or by executing service vco-server start in a shell terminal
In Web Client appliance:
- Stop Web Client service by executing service-control --stop vsphere-client in a shell terminal
- Check the content of folder /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/ , and delete the sub-folder named com.vmware.vco-<someversion>
- Start Web Client service by executing service-control --start vsphere-client in a shell terminal
- Launch a browser and login to Web Client UI. It should automatically download and deploy the updated plug-in build.