If you are an administrator who would like to take full advantage of App Volumes to deal with application workloads, then "Learning VMware App Volumes" written by Peter von Oven is the book for you. It will also be useful for virtualization professionals and teams who are working on VDI deployments and VMware end user computing solutions.
This book comprises of the theoretical explanations that will help you perform a complete App Volumes deployment through step-by-step instructions
The book starts with an in-depth overview of the architecture and components used to design an optimized solution. We then show you how to install and configure App Volumes for different use cases such as VMware View integration, using VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, and more.
What You Will Learn:
- Find out how the VMware App Volumes solution can enhance the management and delivery of applications in your desktop environment
- Design a real-life App Volumes solution using best practices and following the recommended sizing guides
- Install, configure, and deploy App Volumes so it is ready to start delivering applications
- Create and prepare applications ready to be delivered to end users
- Discover how App Volumes can enhance other desktop solutions by looking at how it integrates with VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, RDSH, and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Understand how to configure the advanced options within App Volumes
Peter von Oven is an experienced technical consultant and has been involved in numerous large-scale enterprise projects and deployments and has presented at key IT events, such as VMworld, IP EXPO, and various VMUGs and CCUG events across the UK. He has also worked in senior presales roles and presales management roles for some of the giants of IT, such as Fujitsu, HP, Citrix, and VMware, and has been awarded VMware vExpert for 2015 and 2016.
Peter got his first taste for writing when assisting with some of the chapters in the book Building End-User Computing Solutions with VMware View, which then lead to five other Packt titles, VMware Horizon Mirage Essentials, VMware Horizon Workspace Essentials, co-written with Peter Bjork and Joel Lindberg, VMware Horizon View Essentials, Mastering VMware Horizon 6, co-written with Barry Coombs, and Learning VMware App Volumes.