The included plug-in is a solution I have built for providing NSX Network & Security as a Service in vCAC. This is the second edition. The first one was built mostly manually, this one was built with the plug-in generator V2.
The advantages are that this one:
- Supports multiple NSX hosts
- Support multiple object levels hierarchy
- Is a lot more customizable than V1 : you can download the plug-in generator V2 package to add new objects and new methods
This plug-in is also a good way to learn more about the Dynamic Types technology. It is possible to extend the plug-in with REST operations that can be found in the NSX API guide.
Workflows are contextual to the inventory objects. You can right click on an object to run a workflow.
Sample workflows :
It can be easily extended with other operations and can use the workflows that are in the NSX plug-in delivered with vCO.
The advantage of using this plug-in is that it you have access to the source of the object definitions, the methods and can customize it at will.
- vCO 5.5 U1 build 1617127 or greater
- Dynamic Types plug-in 1951696 or greater
- NSX 6.X
Since Flowgrab has shutdown, this file is currently attached to this thread until Christophe Posts it to the Sample Exchange
Installation / Configuration:
- Rename the downloaded package com.vmware.coe.plugin.dynamictypes.nsx.v2.package
- Import the package
- Run the "Plugin gen -1- Install plug-in" workflow, select the package you renamed
- Run the "Plugin gen -2- Add new host" workflow. Enter a host URL starting with https:// (and not just the host name or http://. Choose basic authentication - upon validation the "Add a REST host" workflow may expect you to answer an user interaction if you did not imported the certificate before AND if you are running an old version of the HTTP-REST plug-in).
- After a few minutes you can browse the inventory and right click on objects that have workflows associated with them
Material designed for PoC / educational / testing purposes. Use at your own risk.