The included plug-in is a solution I have built for providing NSX Network & Security as a Service in vCAC.
The reason for writing this plug-in was that at the time it was needed there was no solution that could address the requirements including:
- Listing NSX objects by list
- Have specific properties for the objects, for example a members list for a security group
- Having specific operations such as the included Data Security scan
- Having specific objects supported in the inventory such as the Services
- Having the plug-in working on vCAC 6.0 / vCO 5.5 U1
- Having the plug-in on a stand alone vCO server
- Some OOTB workflows with plug-in objects as inputs / outputs to use with vCAC
This plug-in is also a good way to learn more about the Dynamic Types technology. It is possible to extend the plug-in with REST operations that can be found in the NSX API guide.
3 layers workflows :
- vCAC specific
Other features that are not NSX / Dynamic Types specific:
- vCAC query service to select the VM items belonging to its owner (getOwnerVmCatalogItemsQS)
- vCO locking service to insure a single security scan is run at a single time when multiple users request it (Run data security scan)
- Get VM catalog items managed object references / vCenter IDs (getCatalogResourceMoref)
- vCO 5.5 U1 build 1617127 or greater
- Dynamic Types plug-in 166032 or greater
- NSX 6.X
Installation / Configuration:
- Run -1- Install NSX plug-in workflow
- Run -2- Add NSX host
Material designed for educational / testing purposes. Use at your own risk.