The plug-in generator package is a set of wizard and template workflows allowing to create a plug-in without doing any scripting.
Read more about Dynamic Types in this article.
- vCO 5.5.1 build 1617131 (vCO 5.5 U1 released with vSphere 5.5 U1) or greater.
- DynamicTypes plug-in build 166032 or later
Download the plug-in generator version 2 from sample exchange (Since November 2, 2016 since the package was moved from Flowgrab)
Handle REST APIs with JSON or XML message formats.
- - Wizard based workflow to create a plug-in inventory handling
- Multiple hosts *
- Multiple levels of objects *
- Caching to avoid repeating requests *
- Requires a single URL per object to implement findRelation, findAll, findById *
- Get object properties using
- Complex properties: JSONSelect (By Lloyd Hilaiel) *
- Complex properties with high performance: pluggable actions
- - Wizard based workflow to create and invoke object methods that are wrappable into plug-in workflows *
- - Export plug-in to a end user installable package including runtime
* New functionality of version 2
Special thanks to Brandon Saxe for integrating JSONSelect in Orchestrator.
Disclaimer: These samples workflows are provided AS IS and are not considered production quality and are not officially supported. Use at your own risk.