Perf Charts service experienced an internal error

Version 1

    We updated our vCenter server 5.0 to the build no. 623373

    Also we moved the vCenter database from database-server A to database-server B (Oracle).

     

    After these changes, the overview-tab of the performance charts receives the following screen:

    http://vmaze.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/perfcharts.jpg

     

     

    Solution:


    1. On the vCenter Server system, navigate to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter

    2. Open the vcdb.properties file.

    3. Change the "sqlserver"-name:

     

              SQL-server:

                        url = jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>:<port>;integratedSecurity=true

                        driver = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

                        dbtype = mssql

     

              Oracle-server:

                        usevcdb=true

                        url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@g <hostname>:<port>:qdasprod
                        dbtype=oracle
                        driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

    4. Restart the VMware VirtualCenter Management WebServices service.