VMware App Volumes is a portfolio of integrated application and user management solutions for Horizon, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, and RDSH virtual environments. These solutions take desktop and application environments to the next level by providing radically faster application delivery, unified application and user management, while reducing IT costs by up to 70%. Here’s how:
- Reduce storage and operational costs by up to 70% with one-to-many provisioning, painless packaging, and stable installation
- Free up crucial IT resources from repetitive application and user profile maintenance tasks, and decrease the time spent managing images by up to 95%
- Increase employee productivity and satisfaction, without increasing IT staff, by delivering personalized applications and user environments that drive the business forward rather than maintain dated architectures
The latest release of App Volumes provides integrated application delivery and user environment management with enterprise-scale capabilities. New capabilities include:
- Enhanced Enterprise Management Capabilities: App Volumes enables even deeper enterprise integration with features such as AppScaling with Multizones, which supports integrated application availability across multiple datacenters. AppToggle allows per user entitlement of a single app in an AppStack. AppCapture with AppIsolation easily captures and updates apps to simplify app delivery and isolation.
- Integrated Application and User Management: App Volumes is now built on an integrated application and user management platform that recognizes patterns to create simple, yet powerful workflows for faster provisioning and application lifecycle management. In addition, context-aware user policy and profile management is now integrated into this new platform to provide secure and personalized access to desktops and apps.
- Unified Admin Console: Take advantage of the new unified admin console that helps deliver and manage applications, applies user policy, and proactively monitors desktop and published application environments.