VMware vFabric GemFire is a memory-optimized, distributed object data fabric delivering dynamic scalability and very high performance for data-intensive modern applications.
GemFire pools main memory, CPU, network resources, and optionally local disk across multiple processes to manage application objects and behavior. It uses dynamic replication and data partitioning techniques to implement high availability, performance, and scalability.
- Combines redundancy, WAN replication, and a “shared nothing” persistence architecture to deliver fail-safe reliability and performance.
- Continuous querying to provide active data change notifications.
- Horizontally scalable to thousands of cache members, with multiple cache topologies to meet different enterprise needs. The cache can be distributed across multiple computers.
- Asynchronous and synchronous cache update propagation.
- Delta propagation distributes only the difference between old and new versions of an object (delta) instead of the entire object, resulting in significant distribution cost savings.
- Reliable asynchronous event notifications and guaranteed message delivery through optimized, low latency distribution layer.
- Applications run 4 to 40 times faster with no additional hardware.
- Data awareness and real-time business intelligence. If data changes as you retrieve it, you see the changes immediately.
- Integration with Spring Framework to speed and simplify the development of scalable, transactional enterprise applications.
- JTA compliant transaction support.
- Native support for Java, C++, and C# applications.