Part 2 of 3
B. Add a New App Version
The steps below outlines steps to publishing apps to the alpha or beta testing tracks in Google Play console, then assigning those to Workspace ONE UEM smartgroups.
1. Login to the Workspace ONE UEM console
2. Go to Apps & Books\ Applications\ Native\ Public\ Click “Add Application”
3. Select Platform: Android. Name can be kept blank. Click “Next”
4. Select the private apps icon on the left.
5. Click “Make advanced edits” under Advanced editing options. This will take you to the Google Play console login page.
6. After logging in to the Google Play console using the google account tied to your Workspace ONE tenant, go to your app and navigate to Release management\ App release. You can select alpha or beta track. In this example, we will add an apk to the Alpha track. Click “Manage” in Alpha track.
7. In organizations, click “Edit”
8. Check the organization corresponding to the Workspace ONE organization group. Click “Done”.
9. Click “Edit Release”
10. Add the apk file. After adding the apk, you will see details about the version code and size of the file.
11. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page, then “Review”.
12. View any of the warning messages and make changes to the app, as necessary.
13. Click “Start Rollout”, then “Confirm” at the pop-up window.
14. In UEM console, select the app under Apps & Books\ Native\ Click “Assign”
15. Click “Add Assignment”
16. Select the Assignment Group who you want to get the new version (alpha) of the app. Enable Managed Access, select Alpha as Pre-release version. Click “Add”.
17. In the verification screen move up priority of your group where the pre-release is assigned.
18. Then click “Save and Publish”
19. Click “Publish” to confirm the assignment. This will make the alpha version of the app available to the devices belonging to the smart group chosen in Step 16.
Note: Same process can be done for Beta release